Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Eureka High

Logo Title

Committed to challenging and developing all students to become highly competitive, responsible and productive members of society

Student Athlete

Any student wishing to play collegiate athletics may need to complete eligibility forms, depending on the division and/or association.

National Junior College Athletic Association -

Due to the unique academic and athletic situation of each individual, and the complexity of the NJCAA eligibility rules, it is recommended that each potential student-athlete discuss their athletic eligibility with the athletic personnel at the NJCAA college where they have chosen to attend.  Should the athletic staff have any questions in determining an individual's eligibility, the college may contact the NJCAA National Office for assistance.

National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics -

The NAIA recruiting process for both freshmen and transfers is less cumbersome, with few restrictions on the contact between a student-athlete and a coach. More frequent communication allows the student to become more comfortable with the school and athletics staff.

Once you have started your college experience by enrolling and/or attending classes, representatives from an NAIA institution cannot initiate contact with you. This no-contact policy applies even if you have not started classes yet, but have drawn equipment and begun organized practice.

What if you're interested in transferring to an NAIA institution? Because NAIA coaches cannot contact you, you'll need to take that initiative by calling or emailing them. Once contacted, within 10 days the NAIA institution must notify in writing the athletics director or faculty athletics representative at the school where you are currently enrolled. They don't necessarily need to receive permission to respond to you, but your current school must be notified that the contact has been made.

National Collegiate Athletic Association

In response to the NCAA membership's concern about amateurism issues related to both international and U.S. students, the eligibility center will determine the amateurism eligibility of all freshman and transfer college-bound student athletes for initial participation at an NCAA Division I or II member institution.  In Division III, certification of an individual's amateurism status is completed by each institution, not the eligibility center.

One of the differences among the three divisions is that colleges and universities in Divisions I and II may offer athletic scholarships, while Division III colleges and universities may not.